Thursday 13 April 2017

new song I WANNA BE....

written march in spain on the boat back to UK
 
I WANNA BE   ......                                 
 


1A.


I wanna be bourgeois


Play Bach on my guitar


I don’t wanna be angry or depressed any more


I wanna decent job


Where the boss ain’t trying to rip me off


And im not selling useless crap that just fucks up the earth
 


B.


When I look out of my window at the concrete towers and tarmac roads


And the endless cars driving all so fast


I dream about another world


I see a river lined with weeping willows


And folks playing music, relaxing on the grass...
 


C.


I wanna be an angel, I’m tired of being a punk


I want to wake up to birds singing in the trees


I wanna breathe fresh air and not live in some dump


I want to fulfil my potential like the Bourgeoisie




D.


Oh please pass me the mustard


Isn’t the night so grand?


Dining here by moonlight


Darling may I hold your hand


Isn’t life amazing?


An endless mystery


When you can’t see all the suffering


Living life like the bourgeoisie
 


2A.


That’s why I wanna be bourgeois


Sick of being poor


Hustling every day just to pay the landlord


I wanna live in a society


Where generosity


Isn’t a virtue that only the rich can afford





B.


When I see all the potential


All the great things we could do


All the fun we could have if we let our minds be free


Instead of this fucked up system


Where the rich just get more


And the poor are told they’re poor cos of the refugees!
 


C.


I wanna be an angel


I’m tired of being a punk


Eternally revolting every day


I’m tired of all my music coming out as protest songs


I just want to write romantic serenades!
 


D.


Oh please pass me the mustard


Darling you look so beautiful


What is that lovely music?


Drifting from over the hill


It’s Jimbino Vegan


Playing with his orchestra/little guitar


He writes such romantic serenades


Have you heard his song I wanna be Bourgeois?
 


3A.


I wanna be Bourgeois


Strolling down the boulevard


Not committing petty crimes just to makes ends meet


I wanna educate myself


And be able to help


All my disenfranchised friends become bourgeois like me
 


B.


But when I’m walking in the evening


Over Clifton suspension Bridge


I can’t even seem to just enjoy the view


Without the muddy river Avon calling out my name


Saying “Come on boy, jump! What you got to lose?”
 


C.


I want to be an angel


I’m tired of being a punk


I want to spread my snow white wings and fly away


Over England’s green and pleasant land


Playing my golden harp


Showering the world with joy and harmony
 


 


I wanna be an angel


I’m so tired of being a punk


So tired of struggling for every ounce of human dignity


But if I can’t be an angel then it would be enough


Just to live in peace just like the Bourgeoisie
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment